Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Orientation & A Quiche Recipe

I had my orientation at County Market on Monday. We talked about what I am going to do and what to expect. We also watched some videos. I learned how to bag, what is good for the people shopping at County Market, and how to talk to customers. I am supposed to be nice and helpful!
--

I made a quiche on Friday. It was good!

Easy Quiche (allrecipes.com)

Ingredients:
2 cups milk
4 eggs
4 refrigerated biscuits
1/4 cup butter
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup cubed ham
1 (10 ounce) bag of frozen corn
8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees

2. Lightly grease 10 inch pie pan or quiche dish

3. In a large bowl, beat milk, eggs, butter, and Parmesan cheese.

4. Stir in corn, ham, and Cheddar cheese.

5. Pour into prepared dish.

6. Put little pieces of the biscuits on top of the quiche.

7. Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes until eggs are set. If your biscuits are getting burned, put tin foil on top.

8. Eat!
--

TJ Review:
We made some changes because I didn't like some of the ingredients. I used corn instead of broccoli. I liked the quiche a lot! I even ate a little too much :) It was very cheesy, I liked that. I would definitely make this again!

Total Cost: $8.34 for 8 servings bought at Aldi

2 comments:

  1. This sounds good, Taylor! I may try it this weekend. Steve will be over to visit me and he likes ham and corn! :) Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taylor,

    It sounds like you have been really enjoying your quiche at home and at school!! :)

    I am so proud of you getting a new job this week and enjoying the art of making food!!

    Keep up the good work and be nice to everyone around you!!

    I love you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete