Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving with my dad

Tomorrow, my dad is getting me and Connor for Thanksgiving. We are going to my dad's brother's house for a Thanksgiving meal (I don't know when we will get there). We will see my uncle, his wife, and Grant, my cousin. I bet Grant is going to be crazy :) He always wants to wrestle and play when see him at our grandpa's house. There might be more people, but I can't think of anymore.

I don't know what we will be having exactly, but I bet we will have turkey, maybe ham, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and maybe pumpkin pie. I am most excited for the FOOD!

After we eat, we are going to come home. Well, after we talk and maybe play with Grant's new dog.
--

Here is a recipe for sweet potato casserole which I made for the Thanksgiving meal at school. People loved this dish! I made two lasagna pans of this and it was all gone by the end of the meal!

Ingredients:
2 cans (15 oz. each) cut sweet potatoes
5 Tablespoons butter or margarine
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 bag of mini marshmallows

Recipe:
1. Pour the sweet potatoes with the liquid into a 2-qt. saucepan and cook until heated through.

2. Drain the liquid.

3. While the sweet potatoes are heating, combine the butter and brown sugar into a 1-qt. saucepan and cook until hot but NOT boiling.

4. Add nuts to the sauce if desired (I didn't do that)

5. Pour the sauce over the sweet potatoes and stir just to coat.

6. Pour the sweet potatoes into a pan (9x13).

7. Pour 1 bag of mini marshmallows over the sweet potatoes.

8. Put the sweet potatoes in the oven at 400 degrees and cook until the marshmallows are big, puffy, and brown-ish.

9. Eat immediately :)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, Taylor. I made two pies, one pumpkin (not from pumpkin in a can) and one cherry (from cherries that Steve picked himself). Have a safe trip!!!

    ReplyDelete