Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pasta- American Macaroni Salad

This was macaroni pasta that I made on Tuesday for lunch. There was some celery, green onions, and bacon bits with the macaroni. I found the recipe by looking up "lunch meals" on Google and found this recipe under "food network". Here is the recipe from foodnetwork.com that I changed a little.

Ingrediants:
2 cups dry macaroni, cooked, rinsed, and drained
1/3 cup diced celery
1/4 cup diced green onions
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1 1/2 teasponns sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
3 tablespoons sour cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
black pepper
bacon bits

Recipe:
1. Cook the macaroni by using the box directions (I cooked mine for 7 minutes)

2. In a large bowl, combine macaroni, celery, and onions.

3. In a small bowl, wisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, vinegar, sour cream, and salt.

4. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to combine

5. Pour bacon bits, salt, and pepper until you think there is enough

6. Put some in a bowl for yourself and put the other in the refrigerator covered up to 3 days.

--

TJ Review:
It was good. I liked the pasta and the bacon bits the best! The celery was easy to cut because I have been practicing cutting vegetables a lot lately.  I liked the sauce on it because it was kinda like Ranch dressing. I haven't ever seen cider vinegar as an indgrediant before so that was something new to me. I don't think I would make this aghain though because I tried to avioid the onions and just eat the pasta. So it wasn't my favorite, but other people might like it.

2 comments:

  1. Taylor,

    You are quite the experienced cook, making all sorts of wonderful things!! This looks yummy too! I think homemade macaroni and cheese is the best!

    Can't wait to try some of what you brought home.

    Love you!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love macaroni salad, please save me a bite, I'll be over Friday night! ;)

    ReplyDelete