Monday, February 6, 2012

Chicken Marsala

I made chicken marsala for lunch Thursday.
At first I wanted to make  chicken and dumplings , but then I didn't think I would like the chicken.
When I eat chicken I like the skin the best, but the chicken and dumplings didn't have the skin on.
I picked chicken marsala because it has mushrooms.
I got the recipe from martha's favorite family dinners.
I also watched the dvd of her cooking it.

Ingredients:
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
2 teaspoons coarse salt
4 chicken breast
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
10ounces mushrooms, cut up
2 cups beef broth (in place of Marsala wine)
1 clove garlic
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons butter
2tablespoons parsley

Recipe:
1. Combine the flour, salt, and pepper in a large shallow bowl (that's a short bowl) and set aside.

2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high until very hot.

3. Cover the chicken in the flour mix, set aside.

4. Add oil to the skillet. When the oil is shiny, add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes (when it's brown).

5. Turn the chicken over and cook 3 more minutes or until the chicken is all cooked (white on the inside).

6. Remove the chicken to a clean plate and set aside.

7. Heat 2 TBSP butter in the same skillet and add cut up mushrooms, stir occasionally, for about 5 to 7 minutes.

8. Remove the skillet from the heat and beef broth.

9. Return the skillet to the heat and scrap up any brown pieces with a wooden spoons (we didn't have any).

10. Add garlic, lemon juice, leftover 2 TBSP butter, and parsley.

11. Cook for 2 minutes.

12. Pour sauce over chicken and sprinkle with parsley.

13. Eat and Enjoy!

--
TJ Review:
It was just ok. I'm not a fan of chicken (but I didn't tell Mrs. Slagor that :)) but I do like mushrooms. That's why I decided to make it. I brought the leftovers home, but I'm not sure if anyone ate them or not. I wouldn't make this again because it's not my favorite but I would make something with mushrooms again.

When I made this I learned about working with raw chicken and cutting small things like mushrooms.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Taylor, this actually sounds pretty good to me. I might use chicken broth instead of the beef broth. I too like to cook with mushrooms, especially if they are cooked in butter! :) Have a great day! Carlene

    ReplyDelete